Build your real-time data pipeline with Kafka and Druid
You currently generate a lot of events from your application, and you want to query them in a fast and easy way? If yes, you just landed on the perfect course!
Nowadays it's easy to be overwhelmed by the amount of data an application can generate. When I started working at SuperAwesome, we had a few thousands events per day. We knew we had to make it scale to millions of events per month!
But we were wrong, we had BILLIONS of events per month that we needed to handle. If that is not what we call big data, I don't know what else it can be!
Druid helped us implement a powerful and fast reporting for our customers, and for ourselves. We are able to know in a second how much impressions were generated in the United Kingdom, from Chrome, for a specific application or specific publisher in our marketplace.
What will you learn?
This course will help you get started, understand, and use Druid to save and visualise your data in a very fast and distributed system.
- Who created druid and which companies are using it
- How to install druid on your computer, and run the Quickstart
- How to query the Quickstart data with Metabase
- How to configure and load CSV/JSON files using the indexing services
- How to configure and load real-time data with Kafka
- Understand the difference between the different query types available (GroupBy/Timeseries/TopN)
- How to run simple and more advanced queries using metabase question editor
- How to run custom queries to druid from Metabase/Postman
- How to configure druid to use an external database(MySQL) and a deep storage (S3)
And a lot more!
If you feel like we are missing an important topic or if you need help, you can always contact the author to get more information or help!
Unlike some other online courses, or trying to learn these techniques on your own through blog articles or even YouTube videos, we're here to help. If you get stuck or have questions, we'll do your best to get them answered.
You will get personalized attention and support as a student of this course!
Our 30-day 100% money-back guarantee
If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, we'll refund you your money - no questions asked! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with the course. That's why we're happy to offer you this money-back guarantee.
I hope to see you in our classroom soon!
Have a nice day,
Knowledge of mobile development in Android.
Strong engineering professional with a Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) focused in Computer Software Engineering.
Currently Tech Lead at SuperAwesome aiming to make the internet a better and safer place for kids. Working with the largest brands in the industry (Disney, Hasbro, Lego,...) to help them monetize their properties and engage with their users.